Address risks that may arise during identity and access life cycle management and digital identity transformation. The IAM manager must typically own the IAM program, be on top of the latest technology, be aware of the IAM best practices, innovative technical solutions, threats facing the organization, and the state of the enterprise user directory, as well as support change. IAM managers will also have to address the compliance requirements of their organization by ensuring the appropriate policies that support regulations are in place and enforced as part of the IAM program management
- Actively monitor Identity management ticket queue, maintain SLA for response and resolution.
- Managing daily operational activities for Active Directory and Okta.
- AD Administration including Managing users, groups, computers and GPOs
- Onboard new applications behind okta for SSO and/or provisioning.
- Meeting with application owners to troubleshoot issues or define a standard solution.
- Assist as a resource in Okta or IAM projects/initiatives.
- Creating and updating runbooks and documentation for tasks and duties (SOP).
- Monitor slack support channels and provide assistance or direction.
- Maintenance of Windows servers. Monitoring, troubleshooting and patching OS
- Perform Adhoc tasks or reporting using powershell.
- 3+ years of IT experience in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) space
- Technical knowledge of authentication/authorization, or identity management standards/protocols such as Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP, Azure Active Directory, Google Identity Services, SAML, OIDC, OAuth, WSFed and SCIM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies. Working within Jira. Being part of and running sprints.
- Solid experience with Okta and Active Directory
- Familiar Azure AD or other IdP providers.
- Experience with Okta AD Sync Agent, IWA and Azure AD sync preferred
- Scripting or programming languages - Must have Powershell experience. Bonus for Python, Java, Visual C, etc.