Our engineering team enables our mission of delivering the cleanest, smartest, most efficient and trustworthy content to our users. You will be a core part of building our web-stack codebases (currently in Python, Go and Typescript), working closely with your squad on product direction, and helping less experienced developers develop their skills around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
- In this role, you will make an impact through the following responsibilities:
- Helping launch Local news products in multiple cities, and new Pro premium journalism products.
- Helping our teams build features, our content creation tools, and other internal products.
- Writing clean, well-documented, and well tested code in frontend and backend frameworks.
- Collaborating with your product squad to ensure we ship the best products possible on time
- Sharing knowledge through presenting at dev chapter meetings and demoing to team members and stakeholders
- Staying up to date with industry trends and collaborating on best practices
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Great communication skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Experience building web-scale applications in languages such as Python, Typescript, or Golang
- Experience working in a deploy-on-merge continuous development environment
- Experience with object-oriented design and data schemas
- Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
- Experience in a frontend framework, such as React